As the demography of the Northern Rivers ages (gracefully) the need for the public to access quality information about aged care, retirement living and related matters is becoming imperative. Almost 40% of the North Coast population is over 45 and by 2020 over half of the Australian population will be over the age of 50. This mature age market requires access to specific information, products and services that can be challenging to navigate.
The focus of the North Coast Seniors Expo will be to bring the senior community together with local services and businesses in a positive and interactive environment offering our over 55’s the resources and opportunities to help inform their choices and access appropriate services and community groups through a series of information booths and presentation/workshop style activities.
The North Coast Seniors Expo will provide government agencies, health organisations, financial planning institutions, community groups, aged care and health and well-being services an opportunity to directly access this burgeoning market and the public with a useful tool for accessing information, products and services to help them plan for retirement and enhance lifestyle choices, health and well-being for those who have already retired.
Saturday 11th March 2017
Lismore & District Workers Club
225-231 Keen Street, Lismore
-Health & Wealth Being -Government Services -Education Services
-Financial Planning/Superannuation -Clubs & Social Groups -Mobility Aids
-Personal comfort & independence -Property Investment -Retirement Living
-Home Security & Safety -Residential & Community Aged Care -Mental Health
- Learn about the Department of Humans Services free Financial Information Service (FIS) and the impact of financial decisions on your pension with Mark O’Dwyer from Centrelink – plus plan your financial future with a number of local businesses.
- If travel is your thing, don’t miss Travelbay, Simesbros and Australia Post who are ready to talk about your next getaway!
- Prepare for the next phase of life and get to know your retirement living options, from home care, aged care, community housing to home modification & residential care, plus learn about the latest aged care reforms with special guests Uniting & Oak Tree Retirement Village.
- Be health aware and get talking about your hearing, healthcare aids, fall prevention, exercise options plus your general health.
- If you’re community minded, looking for a social activity or support network, or even adult education, be sure to visit the Lismore Base Hospital Auxiliary, the Inner Wheel Club of Lismore, the Lismore Men & Community Shed, Daisi, Cancer Support Groups, East Lismore Bowling Ladies, U3A, Over 50’s Learning Centre and Close to my Heart scrapbooking and card making (plus free make & take card making!)
- Visit Fair Trading’s site as they educate the Senior community on being scam aware, hiring a tradie, planning for a funeral, consumer rights and moving into a retirement village
Hosted by the North Coast National A&I Society, the North Coast Seniors Expo will be held this Saturday 11th March 9am-2pm at the Lismore Workers Club, with presentations throughout the day and a number of amazing raffle prizes up for grabs!